Sea Bass and Chorizo Traybake is a no-fuss, one-dish dinner! With baby potatoes and frozen peas, this is a quick and easy dinner, perfect any night of the week!
Oven Roasted Sea Bass Fillets
Sea Bass is one of my favourite fish to cook with. A firm white fish with a lovely silver skin, not only does it look good on the plate but its good for you too. Sea Bass is low in calories but high in protein, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids.
Sea Bass is easy too cook and compliments a lot of different dishes. I do like it pan fried, just like in this Sea Bass with Mango Salsa recipe, but it can also be roasted in the oven with great results.
One Dish Dinner
I love traybake or sheet pan recipes for an easy and no-fuss dinner. This sea bass and chorizo traybake may look impressive, but it is so easy to cook. It’s mostly hands free too, with limited washing up!
I prefer to boil the potatoes first, but you can simply roast them from raw. Just add them to the baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes prior to adding in the chorizo and continuing to follow the recipe.
Sea Bass Traybake Ingredients and Substitutions
- Sea Bass Fillets – roughly 90g each
- Cured chorizo sausage – choose a spicy variety if you want some heat.
- Baby Potatoes – Any variety of baby potato will do, but I love to use Baby Gems because of their colour – it looks great with the peas!
- Frozen Peas – tis recipe is also great with a mixture of peas and broad beans.
- Fresh lemon slices and chopped parsley – optional garnishes.
You can serve this Sea Bass and Chorizo Traybake as is, but I love it with a big green salad on the side.
I use a 36x24cm enamel roasting tin to cook this dish.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
More easy traybake dinners:
- Pesto Chicken Traybake with Tomato & Mozzarella
- Salmon, Potato and Broccoli Traybake
- Cod and Chorizo Traybake
- Chicken and Chorizo Traybake
- Greek Chicken Traybake
Sea Bass and Chorizo Traybake with Peas and Potato
- Large roasting tray
- 2 fillets sea bass roughly 90 grams each
- 100 grams cured chorizo sausage
- 400 grams baby potatoes
- 300 grams frozen peas no need to defrost
- 4 slices lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/180fan/gas 4/350f.
- Scrub the baby potatoes and slice in half (quarter any large ones). Place in a large pot and cover with boiling water. Boil for 6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large roasting dish. Season with some salt and pepper and drizzle over a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chorizo and toss together. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting dish and add the frozen peas. Toss well with the potato and chorizo.
- Season the sea bass fillets with a little salt and pepper then lay them, skin side up, on top of the peas, potato and chorizo.
- Lay a couple of lemon slices on each fish fillet, then return to the oven for 8-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Scatter over some fresh chopped parsley and serve.
This recipe is linked up to CookBlogShare
Leave a Reply