Crispy baked chicken thighs roasted with Chorizo, Baby Potatoes and Green Olives. A super easy weeknight meal, all cooked on one tray for a stress-free dinner.
Chicken and Chorizo Traybake
I love traybake dinners – bung everything in one pan and throw in the oven. Hands-free with minimal cleanup, this is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. It’s also great for fuss-free entertaining allowing you to spend more time with your dinner guests!
I love the combination of flavours in this dish – smoked paprika, oregano and chorizo with tangy green olives. I like to keep the olives raw and simply toss them in at the end, but if you prefer you can add them to the tray for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
What to serve with this Spanish Style Traybake?
I love this chicken and chorizo traybake served simply with a crisp green salad – my Mozzarella and Tomato Salad would be perfect. I find this serves two people easily, but if you want to bulk it out a little to serve more then it’s excellent with some fluffy rice or crusty bread.
When serving, make sure to scoop up all the delicious pan juices and pour them over the chicken and potatoes.
Yes – you can straight swap in chicken drumsticks. If you prefer to use breast then roast the other ingredients for 15 minutes before adding the chicken to cook for another 30 minutes.
Sure – some cherry tomatoes added for the final 15 minutes of cooking would be delicious.
Leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for 2 days. Make sure to reheat until piping hot either in the microwave or oven.
An oven safe roasting dish, big enough to fit all the ingredients in one layer. I use this one*.
Looking for more easy one pan recipes? Try one of these:
- Greek Chicken Traybake with Potato and Vegetables
- Gnocchi Bake with Sausage and Fennel
- Cod and Chorizo Traybake
- One-Pot Chorizo Pasta
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
Chicken and Chorizo Traybake with Potatoes and Olives
- Roasting Dish
- 3-4 Chicken Thighs Skin-on, Bone-In
- 300 grams Baby Potaoes
- 75 grams Chorizo Sausage
- 2 Red Onions
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 100 grams Pitted Green Olives
- Preheat your oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 6/400f.
- Quarter or half the potatoes depending on their size. Cut the onions into wedges. Peel and crush the garlic cloves with the back of a knife. Add to a large roasting dish and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix the olive oil, oregano and paprika together in a small bowl. Pour half over the potatoes and onions and toss.
- Slice the chorizo into bite-sized chunks and scatter over the potato and onion.
- Season the chicken thighs on each side and nestle them skin-side up between the potatoes, chorizo and onion. Coat each thigh with the remainder of the oil, oregano and paprika mix.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. About halfway through give everything a toss, but make sure that the chicken thighs stay skin-side up.
- When ready, the chicken should be cooked through with crispy skin and the potatoes fork-tender.
- Scatter over the olives and some fresh chopped parsley. Serve with a green salad.