This delicious No Bake Lemon & Raspberry Tart is SO easy to make. Sweet and zingy, it’s a great summer dessert and is so quick to prepare!
Easy NO BAKE Tart
This super easy no bake lemon and raspberry tart takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. It does need at least 4 hours to set before eating, but that’s zero effort time. It’s a great dessert to make ahead for a special occasion, and it keeps well in the fridge for days! Apart from heating up the cream and sugar, there is no cooking involved, making this the perfect recipe for hot summer days!
The buttery biscuit base just has two ingredients – Digestive Biscuits (or Graham Crackers) and some melted butter. If you’re feeling fancy you can even swap some of the digestives for ginger nuts to give it a little spice.
Lemon and Raspberry Tart
I LOVE the combo of lemon and raspberry in this pie! So zingy and sweet at the same time.
The easy lemon filling only has 3 ingredients – double cream (heavy cream), caster sugar and fresh lemon juice. It’s basically a lemon posset poured into a tart case. It sets similar to a cheesecake – still lusciously smooth and creamy.
The fresh raspberries are scattered over the tart base before the filling is poured on top and then the whole thing sets in the fridge.
Can I use another fruit?
I love the combo of lemon and raspberry, but you can definitely swap the raspberries for any other fruit you like. Strawberries or kiwi fruits would be delicious!
You can also use another citrus juice in place of the lemon -try lime or even passionfruit.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
Some other recipes I think You Will LOVE:
- Easy Peach Melba Sundae with Rosé Wine
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- The Best Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Sea Bass with Mango Salsa
No Bake Lemon and Raspberry Tart
- 9 inch tart case
- 300 grams Digestive Biscuits or Graham Crackers
- 150 grams Melted Unsalted Butter
- 300 ml Double or Heavy Cream
- 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 50 ml Fresh Lemon Juice 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp
- 200 grams Fresh Raspberries
- Add the caster sugar and cream into a medium sized saucepan (the mixture will bubble up!) over low heat. Stir regularly until the sugar has completely melted into the cream.
- Allow the mixture to bubble for 2 minutes (no more! I set a timer), stirring constantly. Keep the heat on low and make sure you are stirring thoroughly so that none of the mixture can stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Allow to cool a little while you prepare the base.
- Add the digestives or graham crackers to a food processor and blitz until resembling fine breadcrumbs. You can also place them in a food safe bag and bash with a rolling pin until crumbled.
- Mix in the melted butter until fully combined – the mixture will resemble damp sand. Then press the mixture into a 9 inch tart case making sure the bottom and sides are equally covered.
- Scatter half of the raspberries (100g) over the bottom of the tart case, then pour the lemon mixture carefully over the top. I like to use a fork to press the raspberries down so they are all fully covered by the lemon mixture.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- To serve, decorate with the remaining raspberries and any other fruit you like!
Leave a Reply