A delicious and super easy Peach Melba Sundae with Rosé Wine. Perfect for entertaining, this simple dessert makes a lovely treat and can be prepped in advance.
Easy Peach Melba Sundae
This Peach Melba Sundae with Rosé Wine is such a simple but impressive dessert. So perfect for entertaining and a winner at any dinner party. The sauce can be made ahead and the sundae takes minutes to prepare when you’re ready to serve.
What is Peach Melba?
If you’re not familiar, Peach Melba is a dessert made with peaches, vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce. It comes in many different forms, including cakes, cobbler and, of course, cocktails, but there is nothing quite like the simple sundae.
Raspberry sauce with Rosé Wine
Everything is better with wine, right? My Peach Melba Sundae is spiked with some delicious Rosé Wine for a grown-up treat. I love serving this for dessert when hosting friends – it’s light and fresh with a little boozy kick.
I like to use a dry Provençal rosé (this one from Mirabeau is my absolute favourite) but anything you enjoy drinking will work well. You can use white wine too – I recommend something dry like Sauvignon Blanc. If you want to keep it non-alcoholic then swap the wine for the juice of ½ a lemon plus some water.
A typical ‘gourmet’ Peach Melba requires you to peel and poach fresh peaches. While that makes for a delicious dessert, I honestly just can’t be bothered. I use tinned peaches for this recipe, and while they may lack finesse, they taste great in this dish, and there’s no prep involved past opening the can.
No-Cook Raspberry Coulis
To make this delicious wine-spiked raspberry sauce is SO simple. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries. Simply soak them in some sugar and wine for at least an hour. Then blend and strain through a sieve. If you’re feeling lazy and don’t mind the seeds then you can even skip the sieving.
The sauce keeps well in the fridge for 3 days, so you can prep this in advance. When ready to serve, simply drain your tin of peaches and add a few slices to the bottom of a sundae glass (or use a large wine glass!). Top with a generous scoop of good-quality vanilla ice cream (I love Mackie’s) some more peach slices, and drizzle over a generous glug of raspberry sauce.
Looking for some more easy entertaining recipes? Why not add one of these to your dinner party menu-
- Chilli Lime Sea Bass with Mango Salsa
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Cod & Chorizo Tray Bake with Tomato & Butter Beans
- Smooth & Creamy White Bean Hummus
I hope you love this Peach Melba Sundae as much as I do – please leave a comment if you try it, or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ – I’d love to see your photos!
Easy Peach Melba Sundae with Rosé Wine
- 4 sundae or large wine glasses
- fine mesh sieve
- blender or food processor
- 200 grams Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 150 ml Rosé Wine* or sub 2 tbsp lemon juice and 120ml cold water
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 411 gram tin of peaches in juice
- 4 large scoops of good-quality vanilla ice cream
- extra raspberries for garnish, if desired
- Add the raspberries and sugar to a bowl and mix together.
- Pour over the Rosé Wine (or water and lemon juice), mix and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Add the raspberries and all the liquid to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove the raspberry seeds, if desired.
- The sauce will keep covered and refridgerated for up to 3 days, so you can prepare this in advance.
- Drain the peaches and place 3-4 slices in the bottom of each glass.
- Top with a generous scoop of ice cream.
- Divide the rest of the peach slices on top of each ice cream scoop.
- Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of raspberry sauce over each sundae.
- Add some extra raspberries for garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.