Take your margarita to the next level with strawberries and sparkling wine. Strawberry Tequila Fizz is the perfect summer cocktail! Easy to make and refreshing with a sophisticated fizz – perfect for al fresco drinks with a side of Guacamole.
Strawberry Margarita with Prosecco
Strawberry Tequila Fizz is a bit like a fancy strawberry margarita with prosecco. We’ve got the typical margarita ingredients tequila, lime and agave but the addition of muddled strawberries and sparkling wine take it to the next level.
Strawberry Tequila Cocktail
If you are making a tequila cocktail you NEED to use 100% agave tequila. Not only does it taste so much better than mixed tequila, but studies show it may actually be beneficial for your health. One thing I do know for sure is that the better the quality of tequila you drink, the lesser your hangover symptoms will be the next day if you overindulge.
Blanco (also called Plata or Silver) tequila is, in my opinion, the best choice for cocktails. But Reposado tequila also works well and Mezcal is great if you prefer a bit of a smoky taste.
My favourite tequila for cocktails is Gran Centenario Plata – it’s not too expensive but tastes delicious alone or in a cocktail. If you are looking for a good budget tequila for cocktails I highly recommend Olmeca Altos Plata which you can find in most major supermarkets for under £25.
If you are really not a tequila fan then you can swap it out for either gin or vodka in Strawberry Fizz – it will still taste delicious.
Sparkling Wine Margarita
As much as I love a classic margarita, there is something special about topping it up with some sparkling wine for a little fizz.
Strawberry Tequila Fizz works well with pretty much any type of sparkling wine. You can use Prosecco, Cava, Cremant or even Champagne if you are feeling super luxe. Both regular and rosé sparkling wine work well for this strawberry cocktail.
If you want a lower alcohol version you can use non-alcoholic sparkling wine or even soda water or lemonade.
Sparkling Strawberry Cocktail
Who doesn’t love some sweet and juicy strawberries? I am Scottish, and we do have the very best Strawberries in the world. Strawberry Tequila Fizz is the perfect summer drink, but you can enjoy it all year round even when strawberries are not in season. Use frozen strawberries – they will just need to sit and extra 10-15 minutes in the agave and lime mix to soften before muddling.
You can swap in other berries too, depending on what’s in season or what you have and enjoy. Pretty much any other berries will work well. I do love blackberries for an Autumnal version of Tequila Fizz or try cranberries for a Festive Tequila Fizz.
What to serve with Strawberry Tequila Fizz
- Guacamole and Tortilla Chips
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Prawn Pasta Salad with Lemon & Dill
- Halloumi Tacos with Avocado Ranch
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
Strawberry Tequila Fizz
- 1 juicer
- 1 cocktail muddler or a spoon
- 2 cocktail or wine glasses
- 50 ml blanco tequila 100% agave
- 100 grams strawberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp agave or honey or white sugar
- 250 ml sparkling wine
- Hull and quarter the strawberries. Add them to a cocktail shaker with the juice of one lime and the agave and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to soften.
- Pour in the tequila then muddle the mixture (you can use a spoon if you don't have a cocktail muddler.) Add a couple of ice cubs then pop the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake well for about a minute.
- Strain the strawberry mixture into two cocktail or wine glasses then top with sparkling wine. You may want to give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish and serve.