These easy Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with eggs, red onion salsa and avocado sauce are full of flavour and make a great crowd-feeding brunch.
Isn’t Brunch food just the best? These tacos are perfect for feeding a crowd on a late Sunday morning. The recipe below makes 6 tacos, but you can very easily double or triple it to make a big batch. The salsa can be made in advance too (I’d actually say that it’s better if you make it up the night before). Dish your chorizo eggs up in a big serving bowl, lay out bowls of salsa, avocado sauce and all the taco extras like cheese and hot sauce and let everyone assemble their own.
Looking for another taco recipe? Try these Easy Prawn Tacos.
I hope you like these Chorizo Breakfast Tacos – please leave a comment if you try them!
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
- Non stick frying pan
- 150 gram cooking chorizo
- 5 free range eggs
- 6 6-inch tortillas
For the Salsa
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 150 gram cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ a lime, juiced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander or sub ½ tsp dried
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp greek yoghurt or sour cream optional
- Grated Cheese Cheddar or Mozzarella work best
- Your favourite Hot Sauce
- Prepare the salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. This can be made up to 24 hours in advance, and actually improves in taste as time passes – I would recommend leaving it for at least 20 minutes before eating.
- For the avocado sauce, scoop out you avocado flesh and blend with the lime juice, salt, and optional chilli flakes, either in a food processor or with a stick blender. Season to taste. You could also add a spoonful of yoghurt or crema to make it super creamy.
- Warm you tortillas according to packet instructions, then get everything ready to serve the tacos before you start cooking the chorizo and eggs – you want to serve them straightaway.
- Peel the skins from the cooking chorizo and dice into small chunks.
- Add to a frying pan over a medium to high heat (no need for oil) and cook for about 5 minutes, until you see the chorizo start to brown slightly – it will also release lots of flavourful oil.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper, then turn the heat down on your pan slightly and pour the eggs over the chorizo.
- Gently mix the eggs and chorizo as they cook. When the eggs are almost done to your liking, take the pan off the heat – the eggs will continue to cook a little afterwards.
- Assemble your tacos – spread some avocado cream on each tortilla, spoon some of the chorizo and egg mix on top then sprinkle with a spoonful of the salsa. Optional extra toppings include grated cheese and a drizzle of hot sauce or sour cream.