Roasted Red Pepper pasta is a deliciously creamy pasta sauce made from a simple jar of roasted red peppers – a perfect easy weeknight meal.
Who doesn’t love pasta? This super quick and easy meal comes together in less than 20 minutes and can easily be duplicated to feed a crowd. Warm and crusty garlic bread to mop up the extra sauce is optional but very much encouraged.
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 350 jar roasted red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 500 grams of your favourite pasta shapes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (I love parsley and basil!)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions till they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes
- Throw in the garlic and red peppers and cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook your pasta according to packet instructions
- Transfer the peppers, onion and garlic to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth before pouring back into the saucepan
- Turn the heat to medium and mix in your chosen stock. Stir it up and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the sauce is warmed through, lower the heat a little and mix in your cream and chopped herbs. Make sure to taste a (big) spoonful and season again if needed.
- Drain your pasta and mix through the sauce.
- Serve topped with some generous parmesan shavings.
- If you’re not feeding a crowd then the sauce will keep well in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.