Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is not only super easy but deliciously creamy and decadent. A great tasting dinner to feed a crowd in under 20 minutes!
Easy Vegetarian Pasta Dish
Who doesn’t love an easy weeknight pasta dish? This super quick and simple meal comes together in less than 20 minutes and can easily be duplicated to feed a crowd. Warm and crusty garlic bread to mop up the extra sauce is optional but very much encouraged.
I do love to use chicken stock to make this delicious pasta sauce, but you can use vegetable stock without issue and keep it vegetarian. If you follow a vegan diet, you can also easily substitute the heavy cream for a plant-based alternative.
How to Cook Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This super simple sauce takes only 20 minutes to cook. Start by sautéing some diced onions with olive oil before adding in a couple of diced garlic cloves and a jar of chopped red peppers. Transfer to a food processor or use a stick blender to blend the veggies, then stir in some stock, cream and fresh herbs.
Cook your favourite pasta shapes according to packet instructions while the sauce is on the go, then stir everything together. You could add some diced chorizo or cooked chicken if you fancy, or some fresh diced tomato. Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan or your favourite cheese.
I like to portion out the sauce when I’m not feeding a group, and keep some in the freezer for a quick and tasty dinner any night of the week.
Yes, it freezes really well. Portion out the sauce (do not mix with pasta) into freezer-safe containers. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stove or microwave until piping hot, then mix with freshly cooked pasta.
You can make it suitable for either diet- use vegetable stock to keep it vegetarian and substitute the heavy/double cream for a plant based-alternative to make it vegan.
If kept in a sealed food-safe container the sauce (not mixed with pasta) will keep well for 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove before mixing in freshly cooked pasta.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
Looking for another easy pasta recipe? Try one of these:
- Easy One-Pot Chorizo Pasta with Peppers
- Bacon & Cauliflower Pasta with Parmesan Sauce
- Sausage & Mushroom Pasta with Rocket.
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 350 jar roasted red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 500 grams of your favourite pasta shapes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (I love parsley and basil!)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions till they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes
- Throw in the garlic and red peppers and cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook your pasta according to packet instructions
- Transfer the peppers, onion and garlic to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth before pouring back into the saucepan
- Turn the heat to medium and mix in your chosen stock. Stir it up and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the sauce is warmed through, lower the heat a little and mix in your cream and chopped herbs. Make sure to taste a (big) spoonful and season again if needed.
- Drain your pasta and mix through the sauce.
- Serve topped with some generous parmesan shavings.
- If you're not feeding a crowd then the sauce will keep well in the fridge for 2 days.