Refreshing and nutritious, this Mango, Black Bean and Corn Salad is a summer staple! Juicy mango and protein-rich black beans as well as sweetcorn, tomatoes and bell pepper, this colourful salad is packed with nutrients. Elevate your summer mealtimes with a delicious and healthy salad.
I love bean salads, not only are they quick and easy to prepare, but versatile too. Just like my Borlotti Bean Salad or Mediterranean White Bean Salad, this Mango and Black Bean Salad is a real multitasker. Great alone as a light meal or as a side for grilled meat or protein. The Mexican inspired flavour in this Black Bean Salad also lends itself well to a taco topping or a dip for crunchy tortilla chips. Perfect for meal prepping too, this is a great side dish for BBQs, Pot Lucks or picnics.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Full of Flavour: The combination of juicy mangoes and tomatoes, protein-packed black beans and sweet corn plus crunchy peppers and red onion tied together with a zingy lime dressing creates a refreshing and flavorful salad. Its the taste of summer in a bowl!
- Healthy: Not only is this salad delicious, but it is nutrient-dense with protein and fibre packed black beans. Mangoes and corn are rich in vitamin C and A, plus canned sweetcorn contains almost all the B vitamins. And fresh tomatoes, bell pepper and red onion are all phytonutrient rich foods.
- Versatile and Convenient: There are so many ways to serve this easy black bean salad. It works well as a side, on its own or as part of a meal. Easy to transport and make ahead, it is also a great meal-prep option for lunches. Whether you’re hosting a summer gathering, preparing a quick lunch, or looking for a healthy option to take to picnics or potlucks, this salad will fit the bill perfectly!
The full list is in the recipe card below, but here are a few helpful hints about key ingredients to help you make the best Mango, Black Bean and Corn Salad.
- Black Beans – I use canned for ease. Make sure to rinse them thoroughly after draining.
- Mango – A perfectly ripe mango should smell deliciously sweet and have a little bit of give when pressed. This is the method I use to cut a mango into bite-sized chunks, perfect for salads.
- Sweetcorn – I use tinned sweetcorn for ease but you can also use fresh corn if you have it.
- Tomatoes – Sweet cherry tomatoes are my favourite for salads, but almost any kind of tomato works.
- Bell Pepper – Adds a nice crunch and texture which really compliments the soft, sweet mango.
- Red Onion – I love the bite red onion gives to fresh salads. If you are not keen on raw onion or find the flavour too strong, rinse chopped onion under cold water to lessen the flavour. You can also leave it our or swap for milder spring onion or scallion.
- Lime Juice – Adds a brilliant zing to the salad dressing which helps to bring all the flavours together. You can also use lemon juice. Fresh is definitely best!
Serving and Storing
Mango, Black Bean and Corn salad will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
I love to serve my mango and bean salad with grilled chicken, fish or steak. It goes exceptionally well with this Lime Chicken from RecipeTinEats.
Use bean salad as a dip for tortilla chips alongside some Guacamole.
Black Bean and Mango Salad makes a great meal on its own, or you can add a grain like quinoa or cous cous for a more filling dish.
Try adding some crumbled Cotija or Feta Cheese to add a saltiness which goes so well with the sweet mango and zesty lime.
If you like it spicy then add some diced chilli or pickled jalapenos to your Black Bean salad.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
More Easy Salad Recipes:
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Pasta Salad
- Sweet Potato & Pomegranate Salad
- Halloumi Tomato Salad
- No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Feta
Mango, Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 400 grams tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe mango
- 200 grams tinned sweetcorn or corn kernels drained
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- To make the dressing, whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut the mango into bite sized chunks. Quarter the cherry tomatoes and dice the bell pepper and red onion.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the dressing and mix well to combine. You may wish to add additional lime juice, salt and coriander to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.