Are you looking for a healthy, quick dinner that’s full of flavour? This chilli soy salmon is it. I can’t get enough – it’s one of the top weeknight dinners in our house. Easy, fast, and super tasty as well as full of healthy greens.
Oven Baked Salmon
The sauce is whipped up in minutes and you simply pour it over the salmon fillets and bake in the oven, flipping at the halfway mark. Which is also conveniently the perfect time to start cooking your stir fry greens and your preferred sauce soaker. I like to go for rice but noodles will also work well, or cauliflower rice if you’re trying to keep it low carb.
Chilli Soy Marinade
The marinade calls for some simple ingredients – bottled sweet chilli sauce, diced ginger and soy sauce. You can totally use fresh ginger, but I always keep a jar of easy chopped ginger in my fridge which works perfectly. I like a mix of dark and light soy sauce – either alone will work well, though just dark soy alone will be super rich so be aware.
Chilli Soy Salmon with Stir Fry Greens
- Oven safe baking dish
- 2 boneless salmon fillets roughly 120 grams each
- 3 tbsp soy sauce I prefer 2 tbsp light and 1 tbsp dark but any combo works
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp finely diced ginger
For the Stir Fry Greens
- 80 grams bok choi
- 80 grams tenderstem broccoli
- 80 grams mangetout or green beans
- 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced and separated into white and green parts
- 1 tbsp oil – sesame is best, but whatever cooking oil you have to hand will work
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, about 10 leaves optional
- Preheat your oven to 200oc/fan 180oc/gas 6
- Line a baking dish with foil (this is optional but it really will make it worthwhile to keep the salmon and the sauce from sticking to the dish) and place your salmon fillets inside.
- Mix the soy sauce, sweet chilli and ginger together and pour over the salmon.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning the salmon halfway through cooking.
- To cook your stir fry greens, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium to high heat, then add the broccoli.
- Tossing frequently, cook the broccoli for about 2 minutes before adding the garlic, red onion, white parts of the spring onion and green beans. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choi and coriander, if using, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked al-dente.
- Split the stir fried vegetables over 2 plates and top each with a salmon fillet. Drizzle over the sauce and garnish with the finely sliced green parts of the spring onions. Serve with your choice of rice or noodles.