Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta is an easy but luxurious dish with jammy cherry tomatoes, fragrant garlic and fresh herbs. Simple to prepare, with only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes cooking time!
15 Minute Tomato Pasta
Simple pasta dishes are one of my main go-to recipes on busy weeknights. I love that this quick burst cherry tomato pasta is ready in basically the time it takes to cook the pasta! And it only has 5 ingredients! And those 5 ingredients are things I pretty much always have stocked in my pantry and fridge – pasta, tomatoes, garlic, herbs and butter.
Jammy Cherry Tomatoes
The cherry tomatoes are the true star of this quick and easy pasta dish. They are cooked in butter or oil until they blister and pop. As they cook in their juices they become deliciously jammy with a lovely hint of sweetness. The addition of fragrant garlic and fresh herbs gives this easy tomato pasta SO much flavour.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Pasta – Most shapes will work but I prefer a long pasta like tagliatelle or linguine.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Beautifully juicy and sweet tomatoes on the vine are best. You could substitute a tin of cherry tomatoes in a pinch for a true pantry staple dish!
- Garlic – fresh cloves sliced thinly. Or a teaspoon of dried garlic will also work.
- Butter or oil – I love to use butter for this dish but olive oil also works a treat. You could use your preferred plant-based butter alternative too.
- Fresh parsley or basil – either or a mix of both are delicious. Use some extra fresh herbs to garnish.
- Optional cheese to garnish – I love to sprinkle on some freshly grated pecorino but it’s just as good without. If you are feeling especially luxurious then serve topped with some creamy burrata or fresh buffalo mozzarella.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @carrieskitchen_ if you make it!
More quick and easy pasta dishes:
- Garlic Mushroom Pasta with Herby Breadcrumbs
- Chilli Prawn Linguine
- Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- 200 grams pasta I prefer tagliatelle or linguine for this dish
- 300 grams cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter 30 grams
- small bunch fresh parsley or basil chopped
- Melt the butter in a non stick pan over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and stir in a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta to packet instructions. Reserve a cup of the cooking water before draining.
- The tomatoes should be blistering and releasing their juices. Stir in the garlic and use the back of a wooden spoon to slightly squash the tomatoes.
- After 2-3 minutes, when the garlic becomes fragrant, stir in the chopped herbs plus 1-2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water.
- Toss through the pasta, using more pasta water as desired to loosen the sauce and coat the pasta. Garnish with more chopped herbs to serve.
This recipe has been linked to CookBlogShare