The Best Guacamole
The BEST Guacamole - perfect for dipping, slathered on toast or as a side for fajitas, grilled meats or salad. This easy foolproof recipe gives you amazing guacamole every time!
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 onion, diced use red, white or banana shallot
- 1 chilli, finely diced Serrano or Jalapeno are best but most varieties work
- 1 tomato, diced (seeds and pulp removed) or a handful of diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt add more to taste if needed
Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
Mash the avocado with a fork - you can keep it a little chunky or mash till super smooth, whatever you prefer.
Stir in the diced onion, chilli, tomato and garlic.
Stir in the Tabasco, lime juice, olive oil, salt and coriander.
Taste test - you may wish to add a little more salt.
Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. See recipe notes for the best way to store.
This cling film method helps keep guacamole looking fresh and green for at least 24 hours:
- Put the guacamole in a food safe container with a lid and flatten with a spoon so it is smooth on top.
- Cover the surface of the guacamole with plastic wrap/cling film. Lightly press down with your fingers so the cling film is flush to the guacamole and completely covering the surface right to the edges of the container.
- Close the lid, making sure it is on tightly and store in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, just peel off the cling film.
- If your guacamole does go a little brown, don’t fear - it is still ok to eat. If it is fresh, only the top layer will have turned brown. Either give it a good mix or just scrape off the browning top layer.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg