Gnocchi Bake with Sausage and Fennel
This Gnocchi bake with Sausage and Fennel cooks in 30minutes with minimal prep. You can customise the veggies to use what you have in the fridge and can use meat-free sausages if you are vegetarian. Easy and delicious.
Servings: 4 servings
- 400 grams good quality chipolata style sausages I used pork, but any will do - try a veggie version
- 300 grams gnocchi I've tried with both potato and pumpkin varieties
- 150 grams cherry tomatoes
- 3 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced or 1 large, about 300g
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced or 2 smaller onions
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil plus extra to oil the baking tray
- salt & pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°c/180°c fan/Gas 6/400°F
Add the fennel, onion, garlic, rosemary, tomatoes and gnocchi to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a generous amount of salt and cracked black pepper.
Toss everything together well and then pour onto a lightly oiled baking sheet or shallow roasting dish and arrange in an even layer.
Place the sausages on top.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, giving everything a toss halfway through. Make sure the sausages are cooked through and coloured on the outside.
Discard the rosemary stalks and serve, ideally with a sprinkle of parmesan and a side of green salad.
Calories: 533kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 935mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 359IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 5mg