The EASIEST puff pastry pizza is topped with classic pepperoni, olives, red onion and mozzarella. Enjoy homemade pizza in under 30 minutes!
What’s better than homemade pizza? Ummmm how about homemade pizza that’s ready in 30 minutes, with absolutely no dough kneading, rolling or proofing? Ok so it’s not quite the same as a regular pizza, but who can argue with a super quick and easy dinner, complete with all your favourite toppings?
What’s Your Favourite Pizza Topping?
For this Pizza Tart, I’ve gone with my personal favourite toppings combo – pepperoni, black olives and red onion, though you can easily customise to suit your own tastes. I like to make one large pizza but to avoid arguments you can cut the puff pastry into quarters to make individual pizzas with different toppings. This makes such a great dinner for the whole family. Kids (and tbh pretty much everyone) will love adding their own toppings to suit their own tastes.
How to Prepare a Puff Pastry Pizza
Start off with a sheet of ready rolled puff pastry. (You could make your own, but who really has time for that if you’re not trying to impress Paul Hollywood in the Bake Off tent?) Lightly score a border about 1cm from the edges with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut all the way through the pastry. Then use a fork to gently prick the base inside the borders.
Next, spread the passata over the pastry inside your marked border (but don’t stress too much if you colour outside the lines). Sprinkle over half the mozzarella and a dash of oregano.
Layer on the pepperoni slices and scatter over the sliced onions and olives. Sprinkle over the rest of the mozzarella. (Yes we double cheese everything in this house, I will make no apologies). Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden and the cheese is bubbling.
Serve with some fresh greenery like my House Salad and enjoy!
If you’re looking for another Italian Inspired 30-minute dinner then take a look at my Gnocchi Bake with Tomato, Mozzarella and Red Pepper or Sausage and Mushroom Pasta with Rocket.
I hope you like this recipe! Please leave me a comment if you try it.
Puff Pastry Pizza Tart with Pepperoni, Red Onion and Olives
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry approx 35cm x 23cm/375g
- 5 tbsp tomato passata
- 100 grams sliced pepperoni
- 100 grams grated mozzarella
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 75 grams pitted black olives, sliced
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/180fan/gas6/400f
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and place on a baking tray (keep the pastry on the greaseproof sheet it comes wrapped in).
- Lightly score a border about 1cm around the edge of the pastry sheet with a knife – be careful not to cut all the way through the pastry. Use a fork to gently prick all over inside the border.
- Spread the passata all over the base of the pastry with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle half the mozzarella over the passata, then top with the pepperoni slices. Scatter over the onions and olives.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the mozzarella, then the oregano plus a little salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with a big green salad and enjoy!